TITANIC-TITANIC.com | Titanic Memorials: Orchestra, Liverpool
Location: The Philharmonic Hall, Hope Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 9BP.
It was unveiled on 4th November, 1912, and has stood the test of time well, as the original Philharmonic Hall was destroyed by fire in 1933.
A new hall opened six years later, and somehow, the building and the plaque within survived the heavy bombing of the Luftwaffe during World War 2, despite nearby buildings being totally obliterated.
(Can you spot the mistake on the plaque? No? Look at the date for a clue!)
THIS TABLET IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY
W. HARTLEY OF DEWSBURY
W.T. BRAILEY OF LONDON
R. BRICOUX OF LILLE, FRANCE
J.F. CLARKE OF LIVERPOOL
J.L. HUME OF DUMFRIES
G. KRINS OF LIEGE, BELGIUM
P.C. TAYLOR OF LONDON
J.W. WOODWARD OF HEADINGTON
MEMBERS OF THE BAND ON BOARD
THE "TITANIC"; THEY BRAVELY
CONTINUED PLAYING TO SOOTHE THE
ANGUISH OF THEIR FELLOW PASSENGERS
UNTIL THE SHIP SANK IN THE DEEP APRIL 14TH 1912.
COURAGE AND COMPASSION JOINED MAKE THE HERO AND THE MAN COMPLETE
Related Reading: Titanic Memorials