Titanic Hotel set for maiden voyage

The latest Titanic news items and press releases appear here.

Titanic Hotel set for maiden voyage

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 am

THE new £28 million Titanic Hotel will have its maiden voyage tomorrow as it opens to the public for the first time.

The 119-room hotel on the site of the former Harland & Wolff drawing offices and headquarters sees Adrian McNally take the helm as general manager, supported by a team of 90 employees.

The completion of the new venture from Harcourt Developments comes after two years of restoration, construction and preservation, supported by a £5 million grant secured by the Titanic Foundation from the Heritage Lottery Fund.

The building has been meticulously restored with many authentic spaces from the original offices retained, including the telephone exchange, which received the first communication of Titanic hitting the iceberg.

Other heritage spaces preserved include the board room, directors’ entrance and lobby and former directors’ offices including Thomas Andrews, Lord Pirrie and Charles Payne.

The drawing offices stand prominently at the front of the hotel, one housing the hotel’s Harland Bar, and the other which will be the hotel’s ballroom and heritage experience. Drawing office one will house a temporary six-week exhibition from opening, which tells the story of the conservation and construction of the buildings and hotel. Thereafter, daily tours will be on offer to showcase the heritage features here and throughout the hotel.

Read more; http://www.irishnews.com/business/2017/ ... e-1131965/
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/index.shtml
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Re: Titanic Hotel set for maiden voyage

Postby Dave Gittins » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:48 pm

After all that expense, they might have made an accurate model!
Dave Gittins
Author of Titanic: Monument and Warning
http://titanicebook.com
Dave Gittins

Postby VW1956 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Totally agree with you Dave. Looks a mess. Should have been the focal point of the whole project.
VW1956

Postby VW1956 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Looks like the hotel is not getting good reviews. Understaffed and overpriced. God willing I will be there next year.
VW1956

Postby lmtitanic » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi VW 1956
After a long time, I stopped at our famous Titanic Pub.
I'm glad I met, just you. I hope you and your family o.k.
The true guardians of memory on Titanic are still on guard.
I will definitely offer something to the hotel management more honestly and more authentically than this model they showed us.
Kind regards,
Attachments
Copy of MEMORIAL%20038.jpg
Titanic forever
lmtitanic

Return to Titanic News