Titanic Model, any suggestions?

Discuss and display your Titanic models here.

Titanic Model, any suggestions?

Postby EvilEmperorZoRG GR » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 pm

I'd like to buy a Titanic model for 30-50$ and I'd like some suggestions!
I don't have a problem if it's plastic but I want it to look at least like this
http://www.google.gr/imgres?q=titanic+m ... 9,r:22,s:0

and not like this
http://www.hiwtc.com/products/titanic-p ... -14106.htm
"No, thank you. We are dressed in our best and are prepared to go down like gentlemen"
EvilEmperorZoRG GR

Re: Titanic Model, any suggestions?

Postby VW1956 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 am

Hello EvilEmperorZoRG GR. I would say buy the biggest scale model that you can afford then presumably it will have more detail. Thanks for the link as it has a Titanic web-site that I had not seen before. I really must get back into my Titanic model it's been over 4 years now since I started it. Ken.
VW1956

Postby EvilEmperorZoRG GR » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:15 pm

I know nothing of modeling!

I hope I'll be able to make it myself, otherwise I'm gonna give it to someone else to do it!
"No, thank you. We are dressed in our best and are prepared to go down like gentlemen"
EvilEmperorZoRG GR

Postby VW1956 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Hello EvilEmperorZoRG GR. Make the model yourself then that way you will get to learn a bit about the layout of Titanic Ken.
VW1956

Postby EvilEmperorZoRG GR » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 am

I agree, but still I know nothing about modeling and I'm afraid that I might ruin my model!

I
EvilEmperorZoRG GR

Postby VW1956 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Hello EvilEmperorZoRG GR. Assuming you were planning to buy a plastic Titanic model kit. I think most of the normal ones are. The main thing to remember is not to use too much glue. If you dont use enough glue then it wont stick so you get another chance but if you use too much glue then the glue will melt the plastic and before you know it you will have a model of Titanic as it is now. Ken
VW1956

Postby EvilEmperorZoRG GR » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:52 pm

VW1956 wrote:Hello EvilEmperorZoRG GR. Assuming you were planning to buy a plastic Titanic model kit. I think most of the normal ones are. The main thing to remember is not to use too much glue. If you dont use enough glue then it wont stick so you get another chance but if you use too much glue then the glue will melt the plastic and before you know it you will have a model of Titanic as it is now. Ken

Haha, good point :D

As I said, I'm gonna make it with some help! But still, I hope it'll be a good model!
What about wood models? Do they cost more than 99$?
EvilEmperorZoRG GR

Postby EvilEmperorZoRG GR » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:50 pm

So I bought a Rewell plastic model for 29.99 euros!

It's a good start {it's my first model} and I did it in less than 3 hours with only some small parts that remain to be done!

http://imageshack.us/f/842/dsc07640h.jpg/
The owner of the shop told me to paint it after creating it!
EvilEmperorZoRG GR

Postby VW1956 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:06 am

Hello Stergios. Well done for finishing your model so fast. Great picture. Definately needs to be painted it will look so much better when painted. Will look forward to a picture then. As this is your first model I assume you have not painted any model before. Dont rush the painting. Make sure that each colour is totally dry before starting on the next colour. Good luck. Ken.
VW1956

Postby EvilEmperorZoRG GR » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:08 pm

VW1956 wrote:Hello Stergios. Well done for finishing your model so fast. Great picture. Definately needs to be painted it will look so much better when painted. Will look forward to a picture then. As this is your first model I assume you have not painted any model before. Dont rush the painting. Make sure that each colour is totally dry before starting on the next colour. Good luck. Ken.

Yes I know, I painted the red part so far! I'll be posting it when it's done!
EvilEmperorZoRG GR

Return to Titanic Modelling