John Mabey, 3rd Class Steward - a major error

Discuss Titanic's Crew and Officers here.

Re: John Mabey, 3rd Class Steward - a major error

Postby Andrew'sRFSC » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:08 am

Going off the subject slightly.

Marion is there anyway you could be so good and e-mail me privately as I need to discuss matters reagrding the mysterious story of Arthur Nichols please.

Andrew Williams
Hampshire
Andrew'sRFSC

Postby malcolmm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Trudi Chant wrote:Ah yes, Dad confirms that his grandfather was indeed Edwin. I see that the family lived in Millbrook Rd in the 1891 census, when the mother was still alive, and in Bevois Valley in the 1911 census, but can't find them in 1901, which is strange. I don't know anything about Mary Oram's link to the family, I will ask Dad when I see him if he knows of her (he is hard of hearing, so phone calls are difficult). If there's anything you'd like me to ask my father, fire away! :) Unfortunately, the last of Dad's uncles and aunts died a few years back, so Dad's is now the elder living generation of our Mabey descendants (Dad's surname is Nineham, if that is any interest to you, his Mum, Maud Mabey, married Bert Nineham, who ran a wet fish shop in Shirley High Street) Any photos would be brilliant, thanks.

Best wishes,

Trudi

Hi Trudi,

Hope you see this as it is an old thread. You're reference to Bert Nineham and Maud interests me as I've done a one name study of the Ninehams. Do you know anything about Bert's parents? I've not managed to work out which Bert it was that married Maud (I have two possible candidates).

Regards

Malcolm
malcolmm

Postby Helen furnell » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 am

Hi my great gran was Beatrice (oram) mabey
Helen furnell

Previous

Return to Titanic Crew and Officers