Mrs Harris - Falling Down The Grand Staircase

Discuss Titanic Passengers here.

Mrs Harris - Falling Down The Grand Staircase

Postby Aaron2010 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 am

On Sunday April 14th Mrs Harris had "taken a tumble down a flight of stairs" and had broken her arm. Do you think it was the Grand Staircase? This scene was shown in the movie SOS Titanic (1979). You can see it here:

Aaron2010

Re: Mrs Harris - Falling Down The Grand Staircase

Postby jerauf » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 pm

I thought it was the Grand Staircase, although I'm not which one. But when I read about the story, it mentioned the GSC. And it would make sense. You could certainly break *something* bouncing down all of that marble.
jerauf

Postby Eric K. Longo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:33 am

Marble? :?: What marble? Straw oak or the like, those linoleum like floor times (or was it GP rubber..), brass toe kick, gilt metal balustrades, plaster, varnish, glue, that repair of sawdust and glue...but...marble? Where? Was this in the German film? ;)

Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby Aly Jones » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:49 pm

Didn't think titanic had marble like German ships had.

How did they mend broken bones back then? This would ensure her a spot in a lifeboat.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Postby Gail » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:24 am

They put her arm in a sling, Aly. You might be interested in reading "Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage" for a more in depth look at the Harrises (providing I'm not getting my books mixed up here).
Gail

Return to Titanic Passengers