Double triumph of life over death

Discuss Titanic Passengers here.

Re: Double triumph of life over death

Postby lmtitanic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi Andrew,
Yes, his life story is truly inspiring and full of strange circumstances and triumph. I will try to put something on paper.
Next crazy thing that is little known, that Nikola collected seventeen young people who have started on a journey with him. In order to reach the promised land of these people are mostly from poor families from all
the same village have agreed that no one lead to a better future?
Nikola was also a translator because he knew English.
Nikola and his sixteen companions they boarded the Titanic in Sauthampton. One of his comrades had not boarded the Titanic because of poor health, problems with the lungs later suspected that he had tuberculosis. To the great misfortune of all sixteen of his comrades lost their lives in cold ocean waters. Nikola survived the tragedy but by the end of life had the feeling as if he himself bore the blame for their loss of life. Although he was a brave man, sometimes by declaring that he himself should have gone along with his friends.
The picture that accompanies this post is Nikol`s suitcase. It was carrying a suitcase with him when he definitely back from America to his native village.
This is not the case with the Titanic, but as a matter of few things that have been saved. In the following I set out hearing from another intimate thing that speaks of Nicholas as a believer and humanities.
Best regards,
Attachments
DSCN19481.jpg
After the first world war Nikola returned home, carrying this case.
DSCN19451.jpg
DSCN1943 1.jpg
lmtitanic

Postby lmtitanic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Hello,
Next interesting thing related to Nikola in my opinion is :
He was quite confident man and veiled believer. This proves the next event. On my picture called "Titanic At Berth no 44 Southampton 1912"
We see a man who looks curiously Titanic, the miracle of technology, power, iron giant who will receive her womb tomorrow countless people. Symbolically, it is easy to surmise that this is a traveler who enthusiastically reviewed in the boat to be aboard tomorrow and that should take him to the promised land. The image is symbolic because I made 96 years after the actual event, and Nikola is in reality the day before embarkation
Tuesday 9 April 1912 was walking on the dock. There he found dozens of people, longshoremen who worked busily preparing the loading of cargo on board. All indicated that it will happen tomorrow that place incredible crowd.
After a half-hour sightseeing Nikola went back to his friends. Leaving the pier, crossing a line that led to the port warehouse was suddenly heard the clang of metal. Look closely and looked along the railway tracks, he saw a horseshoe.
Is the horseshoe as a symbol of good luck only to believe, and how a run-down horseshoe from Southampton port was safe for a hundred years old due
to Nikola's family home, we will find the following Answer.
Insists that the life story of the surviving passengers of the third class Nikola LULIC really fascinating.
Attachments
DSCN17601.jpg
Horseshoe found 9th April 1912 near the railway tracks on the dock in Southampton
lmtitanic

Postby SeaTravel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:40 am

Wow, that was all facsinating Marko. Is the horse shoe in the care of your family now?
SeaTravel

Postby lmtitanic » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Sea Travel,
That all seems like a good script for a film but ... a lifetime and fate
this man was not fiction but a reality that just trying to reconstruct. Horseshoe is in my family house, has a special place. We keep it and if it keeps us time will show. The only thing I can say on the subject, that most members of the extended family had an average life expectancy, it is enough.
Regards,
lmtitanic

Postby SeaTravel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Hello Marko- I'm glad your family has the special horse shoe. Best Wishes to you.
SeaTravel

Postby lmtitanic » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Passangers on a train passing through Harrisburg for the West on the Pennsylvania railroad tell a pathetic little story of the Titanic disaster.
Their attention was drawn to a man of apperently foreign birth, carefully watching over toddling infant so small it could not lisp its name.
The baby differed so in features and appearance from its guardian that one passenger mustered up courage enough inquire about it.
In broken English and with tears in his eyes the foreigner told the folowing story.

" I was a passenger on the Titanic when she went down. When I came to the surface this little baby, God knows whose, bobbed up beside me.
It cried pitifully and I took it on my back, thinking that I would keep it until we both went down together. I kept swimming and bye and bye a boat
come near us. Other men were pushed off to drown, but because I had the baby on my back they took me in... "
Harrisburg, April 30 1912.
lmtitanic

Postby lmtitanic » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 pm

I saved the baby s life and then it saved mine. I shall make a good home for it. I shall
be a father to it. In New York ladies would have to adopted it, but wanted to be sure it
would always be well kept, so I am taking it to my home in the West. I love it. It is the
finest little baby in the whole World, I think.
lmtitanic

Postby lmtitanic » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:19 pm

The howls of the some of the victims as they came up following their jump or dive from the ship I will never forget.
Than, after a time all became as still as grave, the silence became broken only by the murmurs of the people in the lifeboats.

April 24, 1912
lmtitanic

Postby lmtitanic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:56 pm

To all members of the Forum Merry Christmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Attachments
Titanic memorial resize.jpg
In all its glory and beauty of the open ocean.
lmtitanic

Postby lmtitanic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:33 pm

Many more could be saved if the getting out of the boats and the placing of the passangers therein had been begun sooner. He was also opinion that the number
saved would have been greater had the boats been employed to land passangers on nearby ice float. He thought it was all of an hour after the collision
before the start to get off the lifeboats was made.

N.Tribune April 24. 1912.
lmtitanic

Postby pat toms » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:35 pm

the lifeboats were not filled with people because the officers were not trained to operate the new davits or equipment to lower the lifeboats,it was like everything else a bit rudimentary,on the titanic white star line and done in a poor way unbecoming of the british marine tradition,which made us now the people who no longer were the masters of the sea,as the germans then made propaganda from this pathetic disaster,and then proceeded to try and destroy the british fleet in two world wars,a disgrace to a nation which could have done better,and now do not even build ships,except for a few sunseekers,down in poole harbour which unlike titanic are succesfull.
pat toms

Postby Suki » Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Awesome painting; very GOOD. Are you on Deviantart.com with your works? I do suggest registering there. :D
Suki

Postby lmtitanic » Wed May 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi Suki,
Thank you for the positive opinion about my works.Thank you for the advice, I'm not a member of Deviant Art Group,
and probably no more my art work I put on a site. 2012 was the celebration of the centenary of the sinking Titanic hope you know that, and so on that occasion a lot of my work is simply misused by irresponsible people and some very respectable institutions. If you have some time read my posts on this forum, Titanic in art, topic, you will be much more clear why I took a very rigid approach to public or social networks. You know that there are whole departments dealing stealing other people's work and ideas.
Here is a prof. Copy right is a weak variant.
Attachments
Clip_4[1].jpg
Abused Poster resize.jpg
lmtitanic

Postby ennkay » Sat May 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi there, Fifty years ago this week Guido Ciccolini died. What has this to do with Titanic survivors you may ask. Well, Ciccolini was a magnificent Italian tenor who made his debut in Bologna in 1907, before sharing a stage with the world's original prima donna, Nellie Melba.His magnificent "robust method, full voice and round tone", as his style would later be described, got him noticed in the United States. He was all set to travel to New York, but his trip had to be cancelled when it turned out that he was double~booked. Lucky for him. He'd been due to sail on the ill~fated Titanic !!
ennkay

Previous

Return to Titanic Passengers