Miss Millvina Dean and My Most Treasured Titanic Item

Discuss Titanic Passengers here.

Miss Millvina Dean and My Most Treasured Titanic Item

Postby Eric K. Longo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 am

Hi All,

I thought it would be good to repost this considering the date. The previous was lost along with many other things in the great TT data loss a while back.

TTDean2012.jpg
TTDean2012.jpg (125.78 KiB) Viewed 9615 times

Hand tinted unique candid taken photograph aboard the R.M.S. Adriatic, signed to me personally by Miss Millvina Dean, youngest and last survivor of the Titanic. "To Eric with all good wishes from Millvina Dean, youngest and last survivor of the Titanic"
The Adriatic took Miss Dean, her mother and brother back to England after the Titanic disaster. Five years earlier, in 1907, Titanic's Captain Smith brought the Adriatic over on her maiden voyage. He was interviewed in New York and said "...I never saw a wreck and have never been wrecked, nor was I ever in any predicament that threatened to end in disaster of any sort." - May 16, 1907 ALL Thanks due to "a friend"

TTDean2008.jpg
TTDean2008.jpg (202.95 KiB) Viewed 9615 times

Miss Millvina Dean (2 February 1912 - 31 May 2009 - the anniversary of launch), taken the day she signed my photograph, last week of September, 2008.
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Re: Miss Millvina Dean and My Most Treasured Titanic Item

Postby Eric K. Longo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 am

Hi All,

Does anyone else have any survivor signatures to share? Or special items or keepsakes? Show 'em! :D

Best,
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby Rose » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Wow Eric, that certainly is something to treasure. :D
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Postby Eric K. Longo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Rose,

Thanks - it is! :D

Best wishes,
Eric
Eric K. Longo

Postby Aly Jones » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:49 pm

That is real nice Eric. How did you come to meet Mrs/Miss? Dean?

Sorry to say' I can not add anything.

Has anyone (the mature members) meet any living officers? Long shot!
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Postby Eric K. Longo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi Aly,

Although I have met a lot of people (I've had wine with Audrey Hepburn, talked about "modern art" with Norman Mailer, private 80TH B'day party aboard the QM2 for XXX, chatted with Walter Cronkite, Arthur Schlesinger etc. and so on, over 100 by now), I did not have the pleasure of meeting Miss Dean or any other survivor. That was all done through the mail - I wrote to her and was able to read her responses with the aid of a PC and " A Good Friend", who would visit with her and write/relay for her. And she of course was gracious enough to sign my photo! :D

Best wishes,
Eric
Last edited by Eric K. Longo on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric K. Longo

Postby VW1956 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello Eric. That is really some thing to treasure. I have two millvina Dean autographs but even though Millvina must have wrote more autographs than any of the other survivors it would not surprise me at all to learn that my two Millvina Dean signitures are not real. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Eric K. Longo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Ken,

Can you post pictures of them?

Best,
Eric
Eric K. Longo

Postby Aly Jones » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Wow Eric,
Are you a celebrity or something? Auday Hepburn and a private dinner on the QM2 with another important person. You have major conections with important people? Auday Hepburn is a very famous person' very rich people travel on the QM2.
8-)

Ken,
Why do you think your miss dean autographs are not real?
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Postby VW1956 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Hello Eric. I could post pictures of them but I would rather not know that my Millvina Dean autographs are not real. Thanks anyway. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Eric K. Longo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Ken.

Other than during the last week of course, I have seen far more authentic then forged for her - no reason to doubt yours. :)

Best wishes,
Eric
Eric K. Longo

Postby pat toms » Mon May 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Eric Longo,I have a couple of signatures from the meeting in Southampton in 1992. pat
pat toms

Return to Titanic Passengers