Jason King 1:100 Titanic - building

Re: Jason King 1:100 Titanic - building

Postby Jason King » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:08 pm

A quick up-date. I am working on the rigging now and have completed the funnel stays and painters lines. I am currently working on the main mast. Nearly finished.
Jason King

Postby VW1956 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 am

Hello Jason. Your model gets more and more amazing each time you show pictures of it. Those stays for some reason make it seem so much more like a real ship and not a model. Are you going to add people to it as for me no matter how good a model is lt looks empty with no little people on it. You could even set the little people up as a moment in time such as having a little figure of Father Browne taking a picture of Jacques Futrelle standing on the boat deck outside the gymnasium or the Father Browne picture showing six year old Robert Spedding spinning a top with his father watching. Just an idea. Ken.

Postby Titanic_Malaysia » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

Amazing model you have there, Jason... Looks like the real thing at a 1:100 scale, two thumbs up! 8-)

And wouldn't it be a good idea to add, say, small figurines of Leo and Kate's characters at the bow area? This will make your Titanic model almost complete (and at least having some "link" to the movie :)), like what VW1956 mentioned about placement of people to provide some "life"! :D
Titanic, sailing into the sunset forever - you'll never be forgotten (1912-2012)

Postby ditlev » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 am

Hi Jason
It's a truely outstanding model!!
I have been interrested in Titanic for 25 years now and built 1/350 plastic model. Now I'm building a 1/175 Titanic model from scratch. It's a fantastic ''free-time'' job. I've seen many great models and my favorite is the ones that Fineart models and Peter Davies-Garner made. Your model is somewhere between them. Beautiful!!
What has facinated me during the years is the Funnel color. Maybe the most debated color on Titanic. The story says that Shaw Savill and Albion adopted the color from White Star line. Peter choose Ral 1001 but what color did you choose for you Titanic?
Again very very..... Very nice work

Regards Peter Ditlev

Postby Rose » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Totally stunning.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.

Return to Scratch Built Titanic Models