Build The Titanic (Hachette Magazine)

Re: Build The Titanic (Hachette Magazine)

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:10 pm

VW1956 wrote:Hello MKB. Really hope you win this one. And that is a real nice gesture of offering the issues to Richard. Ken.

Hi MKB, hope you won what you were looking for, if I am able to obtain the 2 issues 86 & 88 from you I
would be very greatfull, how do I pay you for them, ET to your account, including postage etc: please advise me. my email add: rboulton1@gmail.com.
Many thanks,
Richard. RSA
Richard

Postby rickerzs » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 am

I stubbled across a site that talks about a magazine from Hachette Publishers, Build the Titanic"! It talked about how you get all these magazines and a small number of pieces to build the ship and that it takes something like 100 weeks! It really sounds like a cool concept, especially when your trying to build up your modeling tools at the same time, but I can,t find their official site for oder info or pricing to figure out if it is in my budget or not? Can anyone Help me, prefferably someone who is currenty or recently completing!!!
rickerzs

Postby VW1956 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:25 am

Hello Rickerzs. Hello and welcome. I dont know what that site is that you describe. Maybe it was the modelling section of one of the other Titanic sites. E bay can get you what is required (sometimes). Ken.
VW1956

Hachette titanic painting

Postby Easyrider2k8 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:01 am

Hi I have all the books I've just completed the planking I'm just wondered if anyone knows what book tells me where the painting of the hull starts as I want to source the paint before I get to it.
Easyrider2k8

Postby Rose » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm

This is a great site for your painting info: http://titanic-model.com/paint/

As for the answer to your question, as a rule of thumb, I take the red colour up to about three planks from the bottom. Hope this does answer you question.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Postby gurjit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm starting to build the Titanic and find the frames from Issue 1 were the most difficult to slot in part A of the keel. It appears to be extremely tight. I used the sand paper to sand the slots but it didn't work. I can't seem to find a wood file that is able to fit into the slot. Any ideas?
gurjit

Postby VW1956 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:12 am

Hello Gurjit. And welcome. It has been quite some time since these wooden frames were made so they may have warped a bit. I would advise to wrap sand paper around a this but sturdy piece of metal such as a knife then sand the slots. That way you will be able to apply more pressure on the inside only of the slot. You may also need to use a coarser grade of sandpaper but try using the sandpaper you have wrapped around a knife. You will not need to use a sharp knife as it is the sandpaper doing the work. Even though the knife has sand paper wrapped around it do NOT hold it by the edges. I assume I am talking to an adult if not please get an adult to help you. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 pm

gurjit wrote:I'm starting to build the Titanic and find the frames from Issue 1 were the most difficult to slot in part A of the keel. It appears to be extremely tight. I used the sand paper to sand the slots but it didn't work. I can't seem to find a wood file that is able to fit into the slot. Any ideas?

Wood a wooden nail file fit in the slots perhaps?
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/index.shtml
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Postby VW1956 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Hello Andrew. A nail file would work as well and would be a lot safer. I work with wood every day but I dont have a nail file amongst my tools. :D Ken.
VW1956

Postby gurjit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Thanks so much for the tips, Ken. Today after scouting around a hardware shop, I found the file that is small enough to fit into the slots. Lucky me. The idea of wrapping sand paper around the knife is also brilliant. I did use the nail file but I guess the China made ones available in my country, Malaysia is crappy.

Will try again tomorrow and thanks again for the tips.
gurjit

Postby VW1956 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Hello Gurjit. Glad to be of help. If you feel like it why don't you post a bit about yourself in the "Hello" section. So that we can get an idea of you. I assume that anyone on here lives in England but you obviously do not. Ken.
VW1956

Postby gurjit » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Ok, will do. Thanks again for all the tips.
gurjit

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Postby Dingo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 am

vw1956, yes it is a Hachette Titanic and I'm missing some 20 parts the main one being the keel. What I'm real after is pictures of these parts as I can build them from either thin 3 ply or thick strong balsa. The magazine No.s I'm after are as follows 1-6, 35, 39, 43, 57, 61-63, 69, 72, 74, 92-94, 96. if I can get photos of these parts as I said I can build them I'd rather do it this way than go onto Amazon or even evil-bay.

Dingo 8-)
Dingo

Postby HLR » Tue May 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I still have issues 57-63 and 65-99 of the Hachette Build The Titanic Part Work. Going to throw them out if nobody wants them?
HLR

Postby Captain ACS » Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 am

Wow, people are still talking about this?
-Will "Madcatter" Allen

I'm a 27-year-old Mississippi River lover who spends his spare time playing country & rock music. Not much else to say.
Captain ACS

PreviousNext

Return to Build The Titanic Models