Bad Day.

Who, what, and why.

Bad Day.

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:39 am

I failed my ten yearly medical on the railway, and ended up having a M.R.I. scan. It was found that I had Huntington’s Disease, a un-curable heredity probably passed on from my dad’s side of the family. Anyway as the job I do is safety critical, I had another assessment with a doctor, which I scored fairly low in.

My boss has now put me on the sick pay, although to look at me you wouldn’t know. So I have a few months now to find a job on the railway, or receive my pay out.

As if that isn’t enough to take in, my wife of 22 years has been sleeping with one of the neighbours for about 3 or 4 months or so. She doesn’t wear her wedding ring.

I am now back at mum’s house living out of a suitcase pretty much, and on the plus side, I have more chance of fining a job here because there are a far bigger amount of railway staff here.

My daughter, thinks the world of him too.
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/index.shtml
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Re: Bad Day.

Postby Mark Chirnside » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Andrew

I am so sorry to hear of all of this bad news - and all coming at the same time for you. I am sure everyone here joins me in wishing you a positive change in fortunes.

Best wishes

Mark.
Mark Chirnside
-------------------
Mark Chirnside's Reception Room: www.markchirnside.co.uk
Mark Chirnside

Postby MAB » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:16 am

I'll second what Mark said.

Chin up, Boss.
MAB

Postby Eric K. Longo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:06 pm

I don't know if I can "third" something, but the sentiment is truly here.
Hang in there Andrew.
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby VW1956 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Hello Andrew. Wow. A powerful post with so much grief. I'm sitting her thinking did I read that right. I've met your family so it seems it cant be true. But then this stuff happens. Keep strong Andrew. I also went through this 23 years ago. Wife went off with a neighbour took our 3 children. Had no idea where they were for 7 months. Now I was on my own in a 3 bedroom house the council ordered me out. That eviction notice came on my birthday. Then my car got stolen. Everything I had worked for had gone. But keep strong. Thinking of you. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Rose » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Oh Andy, I am so, so sorry to hear all of this. My heart goes out to you. Sending positive thoughts your way, stay strong..xx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Postby lmtitanic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Andrew, so sorry I read this not-so-good news. Please stay strong. One day I'll explain why this web site the most precious place in the world for me. And when the last member of this forum to leave the community I will be still present. I want you to stop as soon as the course of disease. I send you sincere greetings.
Marko
lmtitanic

Postby Aaron2010 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:58 am

You are in our thoughts. Be strong and you will get through this chapter. Your best days could be ahead.

Aaron2010

Postby Eric K. Longo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 am

Hi Andrew,

Just wanted to say hello and let you know I am thinking of you. Hoping you are doing a bit better and seeing some sunlight.

Best wishes always,
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Return to Say Hello