Introduce Yourself...

Who, what, and why.

Re: Introduce Yourself...

Postby VW1956 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Hello Gurjit. And welcome. I really must apoligise for telling you to be careful when using a knife and then I see that you are a surgeon. While I was writing that previous post I was thinking that I might be telling a child to use a knife. There was someone else from Malaysia who posted quite a lot but he has not been on here too much recently. Ken.
VW1956

Postby VW1956 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Hello Leeann. Welcome to this great site. I see your from America. I think there are more Americans on here than any other country. Have you been to Branson? Ken.
VW1956

Postby boonelee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm

VW1956 wrote:Hello Leeann. Welcome to this great site. I see your from America. I think there are more Americans on here than any other country. Have you been to Branson? Ken.

No I have not been there but I want to get there someday. Also my great grandparents Louis and Mary Boone were supposed to have something shipped to them on Titanic from relatives in Belgium but it wasn't on the ship...thank goodness. Which is why they took a family trip to Belgium and returned in June of 1912 on the Lapland which is the ship that was hired by White Star Line to return Titanic's surviving crew to Southampton.
"If theres any truth in what we're taught then I just want you to know that I'm going to make you lucky for the rest of your life! Everytime you catch that train or you find something that you thought you'd lost, it'll be me." Harry Widener
boonelee

Postby Dingo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:08 am

Hi everyone, I'm a newby my name is Dingo (yes real name), I live in South Australia (no not a convict settlement) and am married with one grown up boy (moved out) model building is my hobby but not ussually ships. I am here to get help on building this ship, yoou see the problem I have is that I'm missing several pieces in fact 20 of them (yes I know yu'all laughing) but thef act of the matter is that this Titanic is not a model that I bought rather that it is one that was given to me to build because I stuck my big neck out opened my stupid mouth and said I could build it for the social club that wants to auction it off for money to give to a research outfit of some sort, so now I'm stuck.

Dingo 8-)
Dingo

Postby VW1956 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Hello Dingo and welcome. How did I guess that you were from Australia with a name like that. There are at least two other people living in Australia on this site. What make is the model you are trying to finish? And what pieces do you need? If it's the Hatchet part work then there is usually a selection of parts available on Amazon. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Aly Jones » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi everyone,

There is 5 Aussies on TT site that I am aware of, they are--- I Sheil, Dave Gittens, Kaz (north by north west), myself and dingo.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Hi All

Postby Dingo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm

My name is Dingo (yes real name) it was given to me by my Father who at the time of my birth was a feral hunter and he reconds I looked like a scrauny little dingo pup. I am married to Kerin who is a wonderful lady although she says I have far to many models which are mainly plastic BUT she doesn't say anything about the Red Baron that I built for her except that it has taken far too long (5 years). we have now only one pet a cat named Jamie and he is 20 human years old they say in cat year he's 98 but I think he's real only 20. For sport I am a pistol shooter and club shoot with a single action cowboy gun great fun to. we both do feral hunt wild dogs and cats plus other feral animals that ruin farmers land. I use to be in Scouting but got kick out for being too old I'm now 61 but I don't think I'm too old, a friend of mine got chucked out at 70 but that's another story. I don't know how long I'll be here as I'm looking only for info and parts info on the magazine Titanic put out by Hachette.

Dingo 8-)
Dingo

Postby Rose » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 am

Me on my wedding day. Bad perm but hey ho it was the 80`s...lol
Attachments
Bride1.jpg
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Postby Aly Jones » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:32 am

Hello Rose, nice to put a face to a name & I love your dress. My mum had a perm in the 80's too.
Aly Jones

Postby Peppermint » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:53 am

Hi...I've been lurking on this message board for quite a while now, and I finally decided to register. : )
Peppermint

Postby Aly Jones » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Hello peppermint. :)
Aly Jones

Postby VW1956 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Hello Peppermint. Welcome on to this great site. Lurk no more and ask a question. Someone will know the answer. Ken.
VW1956

Postby VW1956 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Hello Rose. Lovely picture of a wonderful bride. I to had a perm once. Hard to believe looking at my lack of hair now. Maybe a new thread of the perms we once had. Ken.
VW1956

Postby VW1956 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Hello. Here is my perm in the 1970's. :lol:
Attachments
5-11-2010_169 - Copy.JPG
VW1956

Postby myTITANIC 2013 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 am

Wow, so quiet in these "Introduce Yourself" sub-forums...

Still, let me be the first to post an Introduction post for April and glad to be here... I'm a big Titanic enthusiast and was searching around for a great site where we can share our thoughts on the doomed liner, when I stumbled on to Titanic-Titanic.com... This site covers loads of Titanic-related topics, including the one on forumers' models, but I'm surprised that there are not many postings, considering the 101st anniversary of the sinking is coming up in less than a week...

Anyway, we will wait until the big day comes along, i.e. April 15, 2013, to commemorate our favorite Titanic's disaster! :D
myTITANIC 2013

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello