I'm back

Off topic chat and stuff.

I'm back

Postby Iwan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:53 am

Hi All,

Been away for quite some time, I've had a busy couple of years with getting married then eventually moving to the USA! I'm still living out of boxes at the moment but have really gotten back into reading Titanic books again so am working through my collection. One funny story I have is among my belongings I had shipped over, it included my Hachette Titanic model and guess what? The cargo ship delivering it sailed from Southampton to New York, I was petrified! Thankfully unlike it's namesake it make id, then rode on a train to my final destination.

Anyway I will try and be a more regular visitor here again and hope all the old faces are well.
Iwan

Re: I'm back

Postby Captain ACS » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:31 am

Iwan wrote:...and guess what? The cargo ship delivering it sailed from Southampton to New York, I was petrified! Thankfully unlike it's namesake it make id, then rode on a train to my final destination.

Couldn't help but laugh at this.

I remember you from years ago, probably thanks to that signature. This place has faded quite a bit, but still, I stand...Well, me and Ken, that is.
-Will "Madcatter" Allen

I'm a 27-year-old Mississippi River lover who spends his spare time playing country & rock music. Not much else to say.
Captain ACS

Postby Eric K. Longo » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:02 am

I also recall your name, Iwan. Welcome back.
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby VW1956 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Hello Iwan. I also got married last year (2nd time). I still live here in Blighty. I did start the procedure for moving to America in 1976 but I chickened out often wonder what I would have been doing now had I gone. all the best to you. My Titanic books have in the last few months have been unpacked after I moved back to London so I should be going through some of them soon.
VW1956

Postby Iwan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Thank you guys, I've been slowly going through my book again, it's fun!
Iwan

Return to Cafe Parisien