Sailing off again - this time, it's literal

Off topic chat and stuff.

Sailing off again - this time, it's literal

Postby Captain ACS » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:40 am

I'm serious about the title.

My whole love for maritime matters, and by extension, Titanic to a degree, goes all the way back to 2007, the year I got the opportunity to work onboard the historic Delta Queen. The year after, the Delta Queen was put out of service (thanks to our lovely government and its legislative meddling, which still goes on today), and thus my short tenure as a seafarer came to an end. 8 years later, in 2016, I've returned to this vocation, but on a larger scale. My best friend, Jon Devany, has worked at the Julia/Erato Street Terminal, the signature cruise ship dock of New Orleans, for the past 6 years. Within the past 2 weeks, he's helped me to get the opportunity to work full-time as a crewman on the EST's main ship, the Carnival Triumph.

Why am I explaining this? Well, this turn of sorts is what it takes for me to re-spark my love for maritime matters. I once again have reason to remember that forums like TT still exist. I know several people here who have their own version of this ideology, and this is my way of turning it into a full-fledged career. All this being said, expect me to come back to showing up here a bit more often!

PS- I've had experiences with J.D./the Erato Street Terminal and Carnival before. My brother Landon can tell you how well that went...
-Will "Madcatter" Allen

I'm a 27-year-old Mississippi River lover who spends his spare time playing country & rock music. Not much else to say.
Captain ACS

Re: Sailing off again - this time, it's literal

Postby VW1956 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:50 pm

All the best for your future career. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Bon Voyage!
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/index.shtml
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Postby Captain ACS » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:23 am

Andrew Clarkson wrote:Bon Voyage!

Not quite yet. My inaugural trip is set to begin Saturday afternoon. Hopefully, it doesn't all fall apart like it did on the same ship about 3 and a half years ago.

Shall I get some pictures for the occasion? I have a pretty good camera at my disposal.
-Will "Madcatter" Allen

I'm a 27-year-old Mississippi River lover who spends his spare time playing country & rock music. Not much else to say.
Captain ACS

Return to Cafe Parisien