Revenge of the Titanic: My fanfic about the Titanic

Discuss Titanic Books here.

Revenge of the Titanic: My fanfic about the Titanic

Postby gzilla46 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:44 am

This is my fanfic about the Titanic. Hope you enjoy it.

Revenge of the Titanic is an action-comedy that is a parody of James Cameron's Titanic. The film is rated PG-13.

Plot

On the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, a mass murderer is gunned down by police on a cargo boat. But his spirit lives on. The ghost then discovers the wreckage of the sunken Titanic and possesses it, reassembling the ship and putting it back in perfect condition. It rises to the surface and then sets off.

Meanwhile, on a very foggy evening, a cruise ship 400 kilometers outside of New York City is intentionally rammed by what appears to be the Titanic. The damaged cruise ship is then rammed again by the Titanic and sinks, killing most of the passengers onboard. In Boston, a ship engineer named John is working on his latest project for a cruise ship with his assistant. But then, during a walk outside, John hears a lot of news. Apparently, a cruise ship was reported to have been attacked…by the Titanic. “That’s impossible”. John says. After all, the Titanic sank 100 years ago, and ships can’t think or have feelings. John and his assistant are recruited by the army to investigate the destruction of the destroyed cruise ship.

Meanwhile, a cargo ship is attacked by the Titanic. The cargo ship finally sinks, killing everyone aboard.
After a series of ships being attacked by the Titanic, John is forced to believe the truth: The Titanic is back for revenge. And satellites show the Titanic is heading for New York City. Army boats then patrol the New York area. The Titanic arrives in the New York harbor and rams into the Statue of Liberty, knocking it over.

The army then fires at the Titanic, but the thick steel plating does nothing to it. The smokestacks on the Titanic then convert into cannons, and they start firing at the soldiers. The army is overwhelmed by the onslaught. The Titanic then fires its smokestack cannons on buildings in Lower Manhattan. Most of the Lower Manhattan area is destroyed. The Titanic then is attacked again by the remaining army forces, but they are attacked once again. The Titanic then turns its attention back at the civilians. John quickly boards the Titanic and plants a large bomb given to him by the army on the Titanic, setting it to go off in 5 minutes, to give him enough time to get off the ship. The bomb goes off, causing Titanic to explode, finally defeating the evil ship for good. John then goes back to making cruise ships and the world is saved.

Trivia
The smokestacks on the evil Titanic can convert into cannons so the Titanic can attack its enemies.

What do you think? Original concept for a Titanic movie, huh?
Last edited by MAB on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator's note: Edited to remove two comments about the author's being uncertain where this should be posted. MAB
gzilla46

Re: Revenge of the Titanic: My fanfic about the Titanic

Postby MAB » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:52 am

Oh, my.
MAB

Postby gzilla46 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:39 pm

You like it?
gzilla46

Postby Eric K. Longo » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi gzilla46,

Well, uh, I don't see the Cameron parody bit.
Apart from many other things (the evil Titanic - is that like the Evil Kirk?) - you have a problemhere: "The Titanic arrives in the New York harbor and rams into the Statue of Liberty, knocking it over."
Look up the depth of the water near the Statue. Only in promo materials do liners appear to get anywhere near Liberty Island. The water is just not deep enough - the big liners need to be in the Channel some 1km away or more. But, your pitch IS certainly original!

Best wishes and good luck,
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby gzilla46 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Hmmm. Good point, now that I think about it. I always thought the Manhattan river was pretty deep. Guess I was wrong, huh?
gzilla46

Postby gzilla46 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Eric K. Longo wrote:Hi gzilla46,

Well, uh, I don't see the Cameron parody bit.
Apart from many other things (the evil Titanic - is that like the Evil Kirk?) - you have a problemhere: "The Titanic arrives in the New York harbor and rams into the Statue of Liberty, knocking it over."
Look up the depth of the water near the Statue. Only in promo materials do liners appear to get anywhere near Liberty Island. The water is just not deep enough - the big liners need to be in the Channel some 1km away or more. But, your pitch IS certainly original!

Best wishes and good luck,
Eric

I'm glad you like it though.
gzilla46

Postby VW1956 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Hello gzilla46. Well it's different. Had you been smoking anything weird when you came up with this plot. Dont worry about the water not being deep enough. If you ever get to make this as a movie you make sure that when the ship comes to the surface that parts of the name can be read as Olympic. Now you have a show. Ken.
VW1956

Postby North 52 West » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 am

sounds similar to a very old (& very odd) episode of "super friends" to me
:D Kaz :D
Oh hear us when we cry to thee, for those in peril on the sea
North 52 West

Postby gzilla46 » Sun May 20, 2012 2:24 pm

VW1956 wrote: Had you been smoking anything weird when you came up with this plot.

I don't smoke. I just thought, what if they came up with an idea like this for a movie. It would be interesting.

Thinking of changing the origin of how Titanic comes back to life and goes on a rampage.
gzilla46

Postby Eric K. Longo » Mon May 21, 2012 11:00 am

Hi :)

Not sure about how to make it come back, but perhaps a good start to the action might be a dive by a crew making a film like Cameron who are unable to locate the wreck when they reach the bottom!

Best wishes,
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Return to Titanic and Maritime Books and Publications