James Cameron's Titanic

Discuss Titanic media here.

Re: James Cameron's Titanic

Postby VW1956 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:45 am

Anna S wrote: The only good parts are the one where Leo and/or Kate AREN'T in it.

Except for the part where Kate is being drawn. That part could have been extended. :D Ken.
VW1956

Postby Aly Jones » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:03 am

CANT BELIEVE a first class women showed her boobs to another man.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Postby Patricia » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Meaby first class people are naughtyer then we think :-p
Patricia

Postby VW1956 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello Aly. But she was desperate to get away from her life style with Cal then along comes Leo, a famous film star who talks to her nicely and before you know whats happening its off with the clothes.

PS. The bit about being a famous film star I just put that in to make it sound odd. Even so I dont think a 1st class girl would have did what Kate did especially with a 3rd class man. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Rose » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 pm

I guess a lot of things were wrong with the film but hey, it is a film and still a good one at that, IMHO. ;)
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Postby Aly Jones » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:35 am

I guess a lot of things were wrong with the film but hey, it is a film and still a good one at that, IMHO

Yes, the film was a blockbuster and no film is perfect, glad James Cameron made such a film. I wonder if James Cameron did researched on how people behaved in 1912?

Meaby first class people are naughtyer then we think.

Maybe I made the wrong assumption. I do think first class women behaved differently behind closed doors.

But she was desperate to get away from her life style with Cal then along comes Leo

Leo/Jack already shown interests in Rose way before she took her underwear off. Rose didn't have to take her clothes off to win the heart of jacks. ;)
Aly Jones

Postby joshua » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Aly, Cameron did indeed study the mannerisms and how things were done back then. He hired a coach that would show the 1st class passengers how to eat, walk, talk, and yes, even laugh. Women back then worked with their husbands. They weren't the kitchen slaves or degraded people that couldn't do anything for themselves like Hollywood would have you believe. The husbands worked and supported the family and while he did that, the wife usually stayed home and managed the household. Women back then were pretty intelligent and valued. The difference between then and now is all this gender confusion. Women were women and men were men back then with different roles and responsibilities. Today, women and trying to be men which leaves the men to be women.
joshua

Postby VW1956 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:35 pm

joshua wrote: Today, women and trying to be men which leaves the men to be women.

Hello Joshua. Looks like your keyboard had a mind of it's own at the end. Cant figure out what you meant to write. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Aly Jones » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:40 am

The difference between then and now is all this gender confusion. Women were women and men were men back then with different roles and responsibilities. Today, women and trying to be men which leaves the men to be women.

I totally agree. Life was simpler easier for men and women with their own roles in life within Edwardian era. That's one of the reasons why I'm fascinated with Titanic because of the social class and how life was much different from today.
Aly Jones

Postby 882 1/2 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:42 am

Hi all!

I am sure this question may have been discussed sometime back?
Could that scene involving that brand new 1912 Renault, have feasibly even occurred? although, it was just a classic make-believe scene for character-Moment.
1) I've been told this, that cars of then unlike now, could've been easily disassembled in sections, making it practical so the separate-sections can be shipped in multiple wooden cargo-shipping crates for convenient storage?
2) lt was not possible to go the specific route Jack n' Rose found to the foreword Boiler Rooms, while ditching Hockley's Valet.
3) that Group of stewards, or "search party" was using modern day flashlights of ~1996. Also why would they've needed those anyway? The Cargo Hold shown in film was adequately lit.
882 1/2

Postby Dave Gittins » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:08 am

For what it's worth, the cargo manifest shows the car as being in a case. Whether it was assembled is not stated. Either way, Jack and Rose couldn't have got into it. Who cares? It's only a movie and at times a silly one.
Dave Gittins
Author of Titanic: Monument and Warning
http://titanicebook.com
Dave Gittins

Postby 882 1/2 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:23 am

Oh I totally care all the WAY! It is just a movie though, but movies have flaws just like in real life. The real Titanic had flaws or so in its design. It's books and movies that let us learn.
Thanks:) that was helpful to know about the car, being on the Titanic's manifest. Now l'm a little nervous to let anyone know what my favourite film is,
882 1/2

Postby Rose » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:27 pm

882 1/2 wrote:Oh I totally care all the WAY! It is just a movie though, but movies have flaws just like in real life. The real Titanic had flaws or so in its design. It's books and movies that let us learn.
Thanks:) that was helpful to know about the car, being on the Titanic's manifest. Now l'm a little nervous to let anyone know what my favourite film is,

Don't be. I love the film too, but obviously there are those that don't. At the end of the day, it is each to their own. ;)
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Previous

Return to Titanic Movies, Music, T.V., and D.V.D.s