Titanica.

Discuss Titanic media here.

Titanica.

Postby Rose » Fri May 03, 2013 6:48 am

I bought this a few days ago. Combining my favourite subject and actor (Leonard Nimoy) narrating it, so I just had to get it. :D
Attachments
image.jpg
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Re: Titanica.

Postby Eric K. Longo » Fri May 03, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi Rose,

I remember that film. I saw it when it came out on an Imax screen in the Museum of Natural History in New York. I still have my ticket stub. I too enjoy Leonard Nimoy. Of all the Trek cast, he was the nicest to talk with.

There is another documentary about Titanic hosted by Nimoy - he was host of In Search of from 1976 to 1982. In season five the Lusitania was featured, and in season six, episode 13 (Nov. 30, 1981), Titanic. :) As of 20120, the series is available from Visual Entertainment - https://visual-entertainment-inc.myshopify.com/ The entire series, all 144 episodes, is on sale right now for $90 at the website linked.

Best wishes,
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby Atlantic1912 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:33 am

Hi,

I saw the film when it was first released (I believe it was re-released to coincide with the release of Titanic in 1997?) and loved it. Unfortunately, the only version that is available is the edited programme that was re-released. The original had a lot of content which seems to have been cut.

Come to think of it, I do not recall if Mr. Nimoy narrated the original film?
Atlantic1912

Postby Rose » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Atlantic1912 wrote:Come to think of it, I do not recall if Mr. Nimoy narrated the original film?

I've no idea, I just saw the title and who narrated it and dived on it...lol
Rose

Postby Atlantic1912 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:35 pm

It has certainly been a while since I replied to this post! My apologies Rose, for not having seen your reply.

When I saw Titanica, they actually had an intermission and sold various Titanic-themed merchandise to the audience members; yes this was well before 'Titanic' came out! I guess it has been about 25 years now. I purchased the 'Titanica' companion book, and the programme on VHS tape. I have not seen it in ages, and probably have not watched it in 15 years.. sadly. It was a good documentary that came at a very good time. If I ever find the tape, I will see if Mr. Nimoy (He had class, RIP) narrated the original version that I saw.
Atlantic1912

Postby Rose » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Atlantic1912 wrote:It has certainly been a while since I replied to this post! My apologies Rose, for not having seen your reply.

When I saw Titanica, they actually had an intermission and sold various Titanic-themed merchandise to the audience members; yes this was well before 'Titanic' came out! I guess it has been about 25 years now. I purchased the 'Titanica' companion book, and the programme on VHS tape. I have not seen it in ages, and probably have not watched it in 15 years.. sadly. It was a good documentary that came at a very good time. If I ever find the tape, I will see if Mr. Nimoy (He had class, RIP) narrated the original version that I saw.

May be a while till I watch it again tbh, as his passing has affected me deeply. :(
Rose

Return to Titanic Movies, Music, T.V., and D.V.D.s