Inside the Titanic

Discuss Titanic media here.

Inside the Titanic

Postby Aly Jones » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Any Aussies here saw the preview? Anyone else from outside of ozland had seen it yet?

Just caught it being televised for Monday night @ 9:30 channel two. More speculations on how & why Titanic had sunk?

Not sure if movie or documentary. Love too know more about it before it is aired on Monday night.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Re: Inside the Titanic

Postby North 52 West » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:02 pm

I've got a copy of it on DVD. Not an overly fond of it, it's ok but takes some mighty big liberties with known facts. It's probably best described as a docu drama, but don't be hoping for any great insights.
:D Kaz :D
Oh hear us when we cry to thee, for those in peril on the sea
North 52 West

Postby Gail » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I am unable to view this link due to location---don't know if it would work for you either: http://www.channel5.com/shows/inside-th ... he-titanic

Other viewers are saying it's the worst documentary they've ever seen as far as accuracy goes.
Gail

Postby North 52 West » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:51 am

Region locked here too, but it sounds like the right one. When I said that it takes some mighty big liberties with known facts, I'd thought I'd note some of the biggest howlers
1 Captain Smith Orders the WT doors left open to have her sink evenly
2 BBOT believes more WT compartments means safety, so the more you have, the less lifeboats you need
3 Titanic only had 16 lifeboats, so no collapsibles at all I guess
4 All the characters they follow seem to end up in lifeboat 13 with Barrett, including Jack Thayer
The real villain in this piece of cinematic misadventure is water (oooh naughty water, go to your room!), & it's certainly creative with some of the characters but like I said before, don't watch it expecting a well researched piece of film
:D Kaz :D
Oh hear us when we cry to thee, for those in peril on the sea
North 52 West

Return to Titanic Movies, Music, T.V., and D.V.D.s