Nazi Titanic Film

Discuss Titanic media here.

Re: Nazi Titanic Film

Postby North 52 West » Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

This movie has one of my all time favourite scenes in a Titanic movie ever. I'm talking about the scene where the wireless operator (who is now a good Greman of course) is about to leave his cabin when he notices his pet bird, he then proceeds to let it out of it's cage so it can be free.....considering that they were about 700 miles from land as the crow flies, it's a very mean thing to do to the bird. Wouldn't it be kinder to let the thing drown?
:D Kaz :D
Oh hear us when we cry to thee, for those in peril on the sea
North 52 West

Postby VW1956 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello Kaz. I think the reason he let the bird go was so that the ship now weighed less so would go down slower. Thats the German technical mind for you. Ken.
VW1956

Postby Aly Jones » Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 pm

I would had let the bird out of its cage. Or put the cage and bird into a lifeboat with a women.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Nazi Titanic

Postby wruth03@aol.com » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

I have recorded a documentary entitled Nazi Titanic it is about the propaganda put out by the nazis about the Titanic disaster has anyone seen this already and if so what is it like. Apparently they blamed British capitalists for the huge loss of life. I would be interested if anyone knows anything about this. The documentary was on Military at 2pm this afternoon. I was scrolling down the list of documentaries and was struck by the title well I am very interested in anything Titanic related. My dad has just found out the we Titanic enthusiasts are also called Titanoraks so he is now calling me one. To which I replied I know I am I don't care!!!
Denise
Last edited by MAB on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator'snote: This message, originally posted as a new thread, has been moved to this existing thread discussing the same movie. MAB
wruth03@aol.com

Postby Aly Jones » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 am

Germans even made a movie known as Nazi Titanic. Hitler blame the British for putting profit before passengers well beings. I also recall by memory that hitler may had pinpointed Jewish behind the Titanic disaster. This isn't my words Nor what I think. Nazi Titanic came from the Nazi era, what do you expect? ;) it's really easy to workout properganda when Germans made up a fictional german officer that became a hero while the Jewish cause titanic to sink.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Postby wruth03@aol.com » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:00 pm

I have to say some of this strikes a chord. Some of these allegations made by the Nazis I mean it is very similar to some of the conspiracy theories about the Titanic. Am I reading too much into this or could this be where these theories originated i.e. nazism. It would be interesting to know what other people think about this. Does anyone else think there might be a link?
Denise
wruth03@aol.com

Postby VW1956 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:22 am

Hello. I would have thought that the nazi Titanic film (with the fabulous striptease) is the same as the nazi documentary. Why would the nazi's pick on a 30 year old news story to make the British look bad. Ken.
VW1956

Postby wruth03@aol.com » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Ken with the Nazis it was all about propaganda. they really made Bruce Ismay and the WSL look very evil unscrupulous and greedy people. The story they portrayed was so far fetched it was unbelievable. For one thing they claimed that Titanic was sailing at twenty six and a half knots into the ice field which as we all know is pure fiction they even used the term world record breaking speed. Titanic's maximum speed was twenty four knots and she was not even at full speed that night.
Denise
wruth03@aol.com

Previous

Return to Titanic Movies, Music, T.V., and D.V.D.s