Nazi Titanic Film

Discuss Titanic media here.

Titanic. The German version.

Postby VW1956 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:03 am

Hello. The German version of Titanic is to be shown on TV very soon. Ken.
VW1956

Re: Titanic. The German version.

Postby Dave Gittins » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 am

Don't miss this film if you have a chance to see it. It's worth it, just for Madeleine Astor's hat and the tamest striptease on film.
Dave Gittins
Author of Titanic: Monument and Warning
Dave Gittins

Postby Aaron2010 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:14 am

A new documentary about this film will be shown next Tuesday on UK television.

Nazi Titanic: Revealed

'New series - The historical documentary Strand returns with the story of the 1943 Nazi propaganda movie Titanic, which retold the infamous disaster with the British as cowardly profiteers and the German crew members and passengers as the heroes of the hour. Made at the height of the Second World War, the tale of its creation rivals anything produced in Hollywood, with military personnel moved from the front to act as extras and the original director being sacked and thrown into jail, where he was mysteriously found hanged 24 hours later.'

Aaron2010

Postby VW1956 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:50 am

Hello Kevin. Thanks for that. It's going to be repeated on Friday at 7pm. And it seems that is a documentary about the film.

Hello Dave. I have had this movie on dvd for a while and I think the striptease is good. You dont need to see everything. Does that make me odd? Ken.
VW1956

Postby Dave Gittins » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more. The woman is actually rather nicely built . :twisted:

I hope the documentary comes our way.
Dave Gittins
Author of Titanic: Monument and Warning
Dave Gittins

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:55 pm

From the Channel5 website;

The bizarre story of a forgotten propaganda film made by the Nazis about the sinking of the Titanic.

Made at the height of World War II, this film was conceived as the ultimate propaganda movie with the famous disaster recast as a story of Allied weakness and German courage. At the time it was one of the most expensive and ambitious movies ever filmed. The story of its creation rivals a Hollywood movie script with tales of betrayal, murder and massacre. It featured military personnel moved from the front to act as extras, the director was arrested and possibly executed on the orders of Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels and, in the last days of the war, the ship used for the filming was sank, as the Nazis tried to cover up the horrors of the Holocaust.

For 60 years, the film was shrouded in secrecy. Now, using Goebbels’s private diaries, unseen home-movies shot behind-the-scenes during the production and the original production design book, we reveal for the first time the extraordinary story of the Nazi Titanic.
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/index.shtml
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Postby old_codger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm

The fifteenth of April 1912 @ 02.20 hrs the titanic sank.
Maybe someone should tell the Germans they lost something in translation because it had been underwater thirty years when the war was on. I find it insulting to those lost at sea and their family,s to make propaganda out of such a tragic event.
old_codger

Postby old_codger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Please do not confuse the two german versions, The german Titanic was a good film, The Nazi titanic is just a load of propaganda.
old_codger

Postby Aaron2010 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:02 pm

I saw it. It was fascinating. Sad to hear the story about the SS Cap Arcona.

Aaron2010

Postby VW1956 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:59 am

Hello. Believe it or not but I missed it. But I will see it when it is shown again on Friday. Ken.

Hello Old Codger. When you consider what the Nazi machine did in the concentration camps then a propagander film using what happened to Titanic is pretty small stuff. Ken.
VW1956

Nazi Titanic Film

Postby millyunderwood » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Watched this today, I found it very interesting. I would recommend watching this programme :)
millyunderwood

Re: Nazi Titanic Film

Postby pat toms » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:06 pm

vw,1956,missed the showing on tv of the nazi titanic,failed to record it properly but tonight there was a replay on tv and saw it,it was eerie.
pat toms

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:00 pm

The actual film can be see on YouTube of course, in about 10 parts. If watch the first part, which is seen here below, the others will follow.

All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/index.shtml
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Postby titanicobsesser » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Just caught up with it was rather interesting and if wikipedia is to be believed there was quite a few similarities between 97 titanic wonder if it wasn't a propaganda film it would of been more mainstream
i know i asked for ice but this is ridiculous!
Let the titanic rest in peace as a memorial to the arrogance of man and his presumption of god
titanicobsesser

Postby Brian1960 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Cool video!
Brian1960

Next

Return to Titanic Movies, Music, T.V., and D.V.D.s