Stephen 'MasterSniper' Huff - 10 year anniversary

The latest Titanic news items and press releases appear here.

Stephen 'MasterSniper' Huff - 10 year anniversary

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 pm

All,

About 12 or 13 years ago, we were lucky to have a real gent of a guy called Stephen Huff, better known by his forum name of Mastersniper! Stephen used to volunteer his time on both the Texas battleship, and he also used to take part in battle re-enactments too.

Whilst traveling to one of these enactments one weekend, Stephen, and his friend Kurt Mays, were killed in a car crash. An SUV vehicle, driven by a 16 year old driver failed to stop at a stop sign, and the two were killed instantly.

On 2nd March, it will be ten years since that fateful day.

Here's the memorial page here on the site; http://www.titanic-titanic.com/mastersniper.shtml

Here's another online memorial page; http://www.visualcollector.com/FFI/FFImemorial.html
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
http://www.titanic-titanic.com/index.shtml
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Re: Stephen 'MasterSniper' Huff - 10 year anniversarry

Postby joanne » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:50 pm

It was and still is such a sad loss. Steve was such a good friend of mine, and I still miss him. Amazon randomly sent me the "Master Sniper" book in their selection this morning and I was amazed. It was as if Stephen was saying hi. I am sure we all remember that picture of him with a copy of the book, he was so chuffed with it. What a great guy. xx

(just noticed my join date has changed and lost about 10 years off it????? sure i joined a long long time before 2012 xx)
Last edited by joanne on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
joanne

Re: Stephen 'MasterSniper' Huff - 10 year anniversarry

Postby VW1956 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Hello. I never knew of Stephen Huff as he was on here long before I joined. All too often we hear of the good guys passing away. From reading Andrews post it is obvious that Stephen Huff was one of the good guys making a difference in all he was interested in. To lose someone with so much enthusiasm means not only the people he worked with loses out but also many more with the same interests. Ken.
VW1956

Re: Stephen 'MasterSniper' Huff - 10 year anniversary

Postby Aly Jones » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Oh gosh, I don't know him, but what a sad lost. I do remember 10 years ago March 2nd-3rd 2003 because I have a vivid memory of those two days because of a bad situation I was in at that time. I can remember March 2nd /3rd 2003 very clearly, now he is apart of those two sad days.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Postby Rose » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:14 am

He is sorely missed. Always remembered.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes.
Rose

Postby MAB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 am

Hard to believe that it's been ten years.

So sad.
MAB

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:23 am

Please remember Stephen 'MasterSniper' Huff today, ten years to the day since his life was ended so tragically soon.
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Postby Aly Jones » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:57 am

I remember that day so clearly. I don't know who he was nor his friend, I wish both too lay in peace.

What happened to the 16 year old? Did he get punished? I know here in Australia, OUR LAW AND COURTS DON'T KNOW WHAT JUSTICE MEANS. Hopefully British laws and courts are friendlier to the victims and more harsh towards the defendant.
"Quit Ye Like Men, Be Strong"
Aly Jones

Postby Andrew Clarkson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 am

I noticed somebody rejoin the newsletter, and it was his father, Larry, and I've received the following in reply from him.

Stephen was my son. March 1st.2014 it will be 11 years since we lost Steve. Thank you for remembering. I have good news though my 8 year old grandson Doug is like a Stephen Mini-Me in looks, has his sense of humor, and I'm sorry to report he has the same smart mouth. Andrew, you have no idea how much you and the other members of Titanic Titanic we heard from around the world meant to us at that time. The support we received from the Titanic Titanic help get us through.
All the best,
Andrew Clarkson,
Webmaster,
Andrew Clarkson
Site Admin

Postby myTITANIC 2013 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

Hi guys, I joined the Titanic forums late and thus, did not get to know this wonderful man by the name of Stephen Huff... Still, it's sad to know of someone losing his life just like that, no thanks to some teenage fool not following the rules of the road... I surely hope that the authorities took the necessary action against this pest, in order to stop him from taking away more lives... :(

Anyway, rest in peace to the MasterSniper!
myTITANIC 2013 - now undergoing major reconstruction (see avatar :P )
myTITANIC 2013

Return to Titanic News