Wooden crates.

Discuss Titanic Collectables here.

Wooden crates.

Postby VW1956 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:04 am

Hello. While on holiday in Dymchurch we visited an antiques market. One of the stalls had for sale 2 wooden crates that would have been used for food stuffs to be loaded onto a ship. What made these interesting was that although they were obviously old they had the words "White Star Line" on them. There was no price on them and as I was wearing one of my Titanic shirts with a white star embroidered on it I felt the price would go up if I asked so I got Sharon to ask. The guy selling them said he didn't know how much they were. :? . The only thing I have that belonged to White Star is one of those wooden blocks fron the engine shed floor. (I dont want to know that thats not where they came from really). Anyway it would be nice to have some thing that did belong to White Star at one time. I now have to go back and hope they are still there. Have these ever come up for sale before. Ken.
VW1956

Re: Wooden crates.

Postby DanFilson » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Negligible value, in my opinion. Tenuous Titanic connection at best. These may have dated from two decades after Titanic sank.
DanFilson

Postby The Walrus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:01 pm

DanFilson wrote:Negligible value, in my opinion. Tenuous Titanic connection at best. These may have dated from two decades after Titanic sank.

Maybe so, but I'd definitely have them for my Curio Shelf!
The Walrus

Postby VW1956 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello DanFilson. I do realise that these two crates had no connection with Titanic and that they were probably in use decades after Titanic but as The Walrus says "they would look good on the curio shelf". Ken.
VW1956

Return to Titanic Collectables