For Sale: Original Framed Titanic Posters

Discuss Titanic Collectables here.

For Sale: Original Framed Titanic Posters

Postby whitestarabbey1912 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:02 am

Up for sale is an original American release first edition of the Titanic movie poster. It is in a very nice gold and filigree frame with non-glare glass. For the first one I would like $1500 obo. I also have a European release original Titanic movie poster that is up for sale as well. It too is in a gold filigree frame with non glare glass. For this one I would like $1000 obo. These posters are in MINT condition and they are beautiful! No they are not signed. I will accept paypal and other types of payment are negotiable. Buyer will be responsible for ALL shipping charges!! If you have any questions, would like pics, etc., please email me at abbey1912@att.net and in the subject line please put "TITANIC".

Thanks!
whitestarabbey1912

Re: For Sale: Original Framed Titanic Posters

Postby VW1956 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Hello Whitestarabbey1912. Just wondering which Titanic film is the poster referring to? Ken.
VW1956

Postby Eric K. Longo » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:53 am

Hi Ken,

I just looked online for a few minutes at movie poster dealers (originals) - it seems 1997 one sheet 27" x 40" posters USA release Titanic, original, are selling for about $75. Maybe I am wrong. I see others for $16, $30 and $40 and up for international release, double sided etc., even advance materials. I also looked at recent auction results which are inflated - even then you could buy a genuine US full size poster signed by Leo and Kate for less than 1/4 the cost of these. A poster with Cameron, Stuart, DiCaprio and Winslet and Celine brought less than the asking price of these posters.

Best wishes,
Eric
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby VW1956 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:52 am

Hello Eric. I was in an antique shop last week in Whitstable and they had for sale a reproduction front page of a 1912 newspaper with of course showing that Titanic had sunk. It did say that it was a reproduction but they were asking £125 for it.

This same shop also had two items for sale which had absolutely nothing to do with Titanic but had the word Titanic written on them. One was a small brass telescope about 9" when opened and was in a nice wooden box. The box had Titanic engraved on it and this was £60. Sharon was going to buy this for me until I explained that Titanic didn't have a telescope. There was also small mirrors about 7" high by 4" wide made in the shape of a porthole again with the word Titanic on them. It's that magical word "Titanic". Put that on something for sale and up goes the price.
VW1956

Postby Eric K. Longo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Ken,

Yes, that is true - that name sells anything. It is being used in some odd ways this time around. How are you doing?

Best wishes,
ERic
Design/concept consultation. Digital images/restoration of prints & transparencies Examples: Chirnside's Olympic Class Liners, Maxtone-Graham's Normandie. Recently: National Building Museum, D.C. (U.S.) & The Segedunum Museum, Wallsend (U.K.).
Eric K. Longo

Postby VW1956 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Hello Eric. I am fine as I hope you are to. Had a very hectic weekend filming a rod run for some friends of mine. It's like a time trial through 110 miles of the Kent countryside. My son (Richard) and I did the course last Wednesday to work out the best places to have a camera. Last year I did 20 minutes of filming and 90 pictures which Richard made in to a superb dvd which sold out. This year we have about 5 hours of filming and 1,200 pictures for Richard to make a dvd with. He has 4 weeks to try and get it finished. It almost makes me want to get a car again. Ken.
VW1956

Return to Titanic Collectables